The evolution of Nail Polish
Do you miss your nail technician / manicurist / bestie? I know I do. In celebration of #nationalnailpolishday, we’ve put together 10 fun facts about nail polish you might not know…
- Nail polish originated in China as early as 3000 BC.
- Nail polish was developed from car paint.
- The first ever nail salon opened in 1878.
- In 1934, a bottle of Cutex nail polish cost 35 cents.
- Actress Rita Hayworth popularized red nail polish.
- In 1957 a dentist developed and patent acrylic nails. SERIOUSLY HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!
- There are 13 types of nail polish finishes. (CAN YOU NAME THEM?!?!)
- In 1976 Jeff Pink makeup artist and founder of Orly created the French manicure.
- Acrylic nails were introduced in 1978. TOOK LONG ENOUGH TO GET TO MARKET WAS THE MARKETING MANAGER A SLOTH?!
- Opened bottles of nail polish only last about two years. IF THEY LAST THAT LONG