The do’s and don’ts of a profile picture
If you are using LinkedIn as an online business network, we want you to consider the following; every time we look at someone’s profile picture we form an opinion of that person. Your profile photo is your digital identity and your first impression to potential employers. So, if you’re looking to gain more connections and potential career opportunities consider these dos and don’ts when posting your profile photo.
- Use a headshot that shows your face with a little background
- Smile, a hiring manager is likely to be drawn to a photo of someone smiling than someone serious looking.
- Use a recent photo of yourself
- Crop yourself out of a group photo
- Use a selfie photo
- Have a distracting background