I realize having a vacant position can impact your team and the hiring process can be well…not so much fun.
If interviewing is not your strong suit we’ve come up with a short-list of tips to help you lead a successful interview:
1. Put the applicant at ease and humanize the interaction. Establish rapport by finding a shared topic to talk about before you get down to the hard questions.
2. Review the candidates resume ahead of time and ask questions you don’t have answers to.
3. Listen more, talk less. This is an opportunity for the candidate to reveal themselves to you.
4. Review the job description with candidate and manage their expectations of the role.
5. Allow the candidate to ask questions about the position, the team, and the company.
6. Explain the next steps of the interview process.