Do you remember your first day on the job? Planning your commute the night before to make sure you arrive early. Getting the lay of the land, trying to make a good first impression to your new boss and co- workers all while trying to contain your nerves and excitement at the same time.
It can be overwhelming coming into a new role and integrating with the staff for a new team member, so we came up with a checklist to help you integrate new hires to the team:
- Implement a buddy system so new hires have a point of contact for questions.
- Welcome package i.e., Note pad, pen, a selection of most popular products, etc.
- Take new staff out for coffee or lunch on the first day.
- Regular check-ins to make sure everything is going well.
- Provide a company manual explaining compensation, benefits, procedures and policies.
- Have email, IT, access to all systems set up beforehand.