Helpful tips to integrate a new employee to the team
Do you remember your first day on the job? Planning your commute the night before to make sure you arrive early. Getting the lay of the land, trying to make a good first impression to your new boss and co- workers all while trying to contain your nerves and excitement at the same time.
It can be overwhelming coming into a new role and integrating with the staff for a new team member, so we came up with a checklist to help you integrate new hires to the team:
- Implement a buddy system so new hires have a point of contact for questions.
- Welcome package i.e., Note pad, pen, a selection of most popular products, etc.
- Take new staff out for coffee or lunch on the first day.
- Regular check-ins to make sure everything is going well.
- Provide a company manual explaining compensation, benefits, procedures and policies.
- Have email, IT, access to all systems set up beforehand.